Field Service Engineer
Washington, Dist of Columbia
The Field Service System Engineer is responsible for on-site repair or services of the client's specimen prep, imaging, and analytical systems at the customer site. There are currently 2 open positions. The ideal candidates will live in or close to Boston, Massachusetts and the Washington D.C. Areas.
Essential Skills and Responsibilities:
- On-site customer installation, service support, limited telephone support, hardware and software configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance support for their products.
- Ensure repaired systems meet operating specifications, documenting service performed.
- Propose design enhancements and improvements.
- Read and interpret schematics and electrical diagrams through to the component level.
- Isolate the system fault at the component level for electronic, vacuum, and mechanical systems and repair.
- Document work performed in a service report.
- Complete billing or warranty documentation as needed.
- Experience with current personal computer Windows Operation System (OS) software installation and configuration.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision in an isolated environment.
- Ability to approach problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm, and innovation with a strong client service attitude.
- Ability to work on complex learning and development problems as well as teach highly technical information is essential.
- Ability to interface with people at all levels.
Travel: 80% but home EVERY weekend - Travel is Monday - Friday!
Pay: $60, 000 - 70, 000 BASE PAY + O/T (20-25%+) at time and half (doorstep to doorstep) meaning you are earning a lot of overtime for your travel + Flexible hours + Business casual workplace attire + Free onsite parking + Generous paid time off policy and holiday closures + Training and development opportunities + Service award recognition program + Tuition reimbursement + Medical + Dental + Vision + Life insurance + Short and long-term disability + Employee assistance program + Dependent care reimbursement account + Medical flexible spending account + Employee stock purchase plan + 401(k) plan with Company matching + Keep all of the travel perks and points you rack up on the job. You will make between $90 - $100k + your first year on the job.
Locations: Boston, MA - 45-60 minute radius, D.C. Metro Area / Baltimore / Northern VA
Work for a world leader offering very competitive pay and benefits allowing you to travel Monday-Friday and be home every weekend!